Kingshott is a wonderfully friendly and welcoming community. We understand that considering, and then joining, a new school can sometimes feel a little daunting - for both children and their parents. We pride ourselves on doing everything we can to support families to choose the right school for their children, and then helping them on their ‘Journey to Joining’ Kingshott.
Here is our step by step ‘Journey to Joining’ guide for prospective families:
1. Find out more about Kingshott: request a prospectus, read our website and look at our latest news to see what the children have been doing, watch our videos, or ring us for a chat! You can contact our admissions department on 01462 432009, or by emailing email@example.com
2. Come and visit us! You can book a personal tour, reserve your place at one of our open mornings, or book onto one of our Kingshott Totts sessions (if you are looking for a Nursery or Reception place for your child). We encourage families to visit us as many times as they need or want – to help them get a picture of what life is like at Kingshott and why we may be the best choice for your child’s education.
3. Register your child. If you would like to join Kingshott, the first step is to Register your child. A £50 fee is payable and this means that your child is registered to join the School, depending on space availability. We do encourage families to register as soon as possible, but we also understand that there are often changes in circumstances (such as moving house) that require pupils to join more quickly.
4. Offering your child a place.
- Children can join us all year round into our Nursery (depending on when they turn 3) and space availability. Places are therefore offered at different times of year.
- Children joining us in our Reception classes are offered places in the December before the September they will join Kingshott.
- Pupils joining us into our Senior School (into Year 7, 8 or 9) - will be invited to join our Assessment Mornings (and Scholarship Afternoons, if applicable) in the January before the September they will join Kingshott. If families have missed these Assessment Mornings, and if there is space permitting, pupils can join us for an Assessment Morning later on in the Spring or Summer term.
- Children joining us in other year groups (space permitting) - Years 1+ - will be offered a place subject to our assessment criteria, when we are confident we can meet the needs of each individual applicant whilst maintaining the balance of needs within each year group.
5. Accepting a place. Families need to formally accept the offer of a place by completing our Acceptance Form and paying a £500 deposit. This amount is deducted from the final account when your child leaves the school (however, should your child not subsequently join Kingshott, this deposit is non-returnable). Once your child’s place has been accepted, we will offer your family a variety of different joining events and activities, which are tailored to their child’s age and time of joining.
At any stage in your Journey to Joining Kingshott School, our friendly Admissions team will be delighted to help. Contact them by telephone: 01462 432009 or email: