Charity and Community
Charity events and charitable endeavour are woven into life at Kingshott. We are proud of the contribution that our pupils and their families make to the wide range of events that are organised by our houses, year groups and by the whole school.
As well as being able to raise much needed funds for a range of different causes, charitable activity helps our pupils to understand and support the needs and circumstances of others - both locally and internationally.
Each year our pupils choose to nominate different school charities to support and to fundraise for over the academic year. We also welcome representatives from a range of charities each year to contribute to our PSHCE programme and to attend different events that are organised.
We are delighted to have supported a range of charities from:
- Local - Feed Up Warm Up, Letchworth Food Bank, the Bluebell Ward at The Lister Hospital and St. Mary's Church Hitchin.
- National - British Heart Foundation, GOSH, Red for Ruth, RNIB, Scope, WWF, and Young Minds.
- International - our sponsored Aquathlon for Ukraine raised over £18k.
Kingshott is also very proud to be a part of its local community and makes a commitment to support the community whenever possible. We contribute to a wide range of initiatives including:
- Tree planting – Woodland Trust, National Forest, Heartwood Forest
- Carol singing for local Care Homes
- Provision of First Aid courses for parents and others in the local community
- Our Facilities are used by Hitchin Orchestra, Hitchin Art Club, a local charity, Touchline Football, Hitchin Football and local cricket clubs.
- We also support our local Parish - St Ippolyts