Current NewsCategory / School News
Posted on: 23/03/2023
Spring term Sport summary
It has been an eventful and successful term in our games department. Mr Shaw as Director of Sport has been busy implementing his vision of lifelong engagement in sport through enjoyment and participation. Notable successes this term were:
- Hockey IAPS Year 5-6 reaching the Quarter finals of the Cup
- Hockey IAPs Year 7-8 reaching semi-finals of the Plate
- The Year 8 Rugby team being unbeaten in all their matches
- Netball IAPS U11 Girls reaching the Plate playoff at Uppingham
- 3 pupils took part in the Swimming IAPS qualifier at Culford School. Amy Woode won her U11 girls 50m backstroke heat in a time of 41.92, Xavier Zerban won his U12 50m Boys Butterfly heat in a time of 39.93 and Elijah Ebai Eying came second in his U13 boys 50m freestyle with a time of 33.17
Elsewhere we welcomed Izzy Collis, the head of Girls cricket from Haileybury, who delivered a coaching session to all our year 5/6 girls. The pupils also embraced strength and conditioning, yoga and pilates this term due to inclement weather forcing many activities inside.
Progress continues with a new mascot being awarded for teamwork, resilience and listening in Netball and a new lunch time club has attracted some of our boys to play Netball. We are all looking forward to a summer of sport.